Sequencing Application Sales Specialist
Location: San Francisco Bay Area.
PacBio is always looking to add the best and brightest minds to our world-class company. Our highly interdisciplinary team is best suited for individuals who are creative, forward thinking, and who approach challenges with an innovative attitude. If this sounds like a fit for you, we encourage you to explore our current career opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed revenue targets from sales of PacBio sequencing reagents and consumables in the defined territory.
- Execute territory and account specific sales plans that align with corporate objectives.
- Create, qualify, and close new business opportunities.
- Work cooperatively with various departments within the organization to ensure that product capabilities, advantages, and advancements are effectively communicated to the customer base.
- Create and deliver high quality presentations, plan projects, and drive product sales.
- Utilize a CRM system according to standard protocols for pipeline management, accurate forecasting, and communication with field and internal personnel.
- Serve as a valued technical consultant in order to understand customer needs and propose solutions accordingly.
- Customer focus: Maintain and develop relationships with key customers and references while representing the company with professionalism and integrity.
- The candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment, interacting with customers, as well as other scientists and engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Minimum 2+ years or equivalent direct sales experience selling into the life sciences and/or clinical research markets required. Experience with genomics products preferred.
- Minimum education: Bachelor of Science within a life science subject – advanced degree preferred.
- Competitive nature and proven track record of consistent sales achievement and territory growth.
- Strong understanding of scientific applications and technology developments as they relate to customer requirements in target market segments.
- Role will require a home office and 60% travel at a minimum.
- Home office must be within proximity to a major airport.
- Strong public speaking skills with the ability to handle objections and communicate both technical and business arguments.
- Excellent customer facing communication skills in both pre- and post-sales environments.
- Highly networked with experience managing accounts in the defined geography strongly preferred.
- Experience in molecular genetics, molecular biology and laboratory techniques.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.