Do you want to use your software engineering talents to solve computational problems of real scientific and medical importance? Do want to help develop a cutting edge technology that reveals the mysteries of life itself? Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented software engineer to build tools to analyze SMRT (Single Molecule, Real Time) sequencing data to address diverse sequencing applications areas. The candidate will develop robust, reliable and fast algorithms in the areas of de novo assembly, resequencing and transcript analysis.
• Thriving within a challenging, fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Devise and develop novel approaches to solve complex scientific data processing problems.
• Producing production grade software solutions adhering to company standards and practices.
• Writing functional specifications and design documentation.
• Communicating professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff.
• Providing assistance to testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
• Defining research and development tasks and making accurate time estimations for complex software projects.
• Performing job functions with minimal or no supervision.