The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) is a growing and successful nonprofit whose mission is to accelerate cures through stem cell research.
NYSCF seeks an analytical, highly motivated Scientific and Business leader focused on drug discovery and therapeutic partnering with a strong biomedical and business background. You will have a real passion for enabling new, novel diagnostics/therapies for patients. In this role, you will work with the NYSCF management team to develop strategic plans to effectively drive drug discovery and cell therapies, analyze business opportunities and partnerships, work with a team to assist with funding, license I.P., and alliance management with key partners. You will play a critical role in all aspects of strategic partnering, partner engagement, prioritization of opportunities, transacting and implementing collaborations to ensure that NYSCF's technology and intellectual portfolio is commercialized to advance therapies for patients and optimize value to NYSCF.
What you'll do:
- Engage prospective partners from your contacts and relationships related to external opportunities aligned with NYSCF's drug discovery, diagnostics and therapeutics development strategies.
- Build and execute evaluation processes and share recommended prioritizations with leadership for joint decision making.
- Analyze biomedical research, drug discovery, and biotech/pharmaceutical market trends and competitive landscapes.
- Advance partnering discussions to meaningful collaborations or licensing opportunities.
- Work with legal and finance to structure and negotiate agreements aligned with recognition of value for the long-term mission of NYSCF to stay abreast of new developments in key therapeutic areas.
- Work with various parts of the organization to gather, generate, share, and present information on scientific programs objectives and progress.
- Present analyses and proposals and managing relationships with senior management, potential partners, and related advisors.
- Create business plans.
- Generate and build financial models with scenario planning.
- Be part of the collaborative team at NYSCF that includes programs staff, scientists, and engineers.