The Vice President of Global Medical Affairs will report to the Chief Commercial Officer at Genomic Health, Inc. and will be directly responsible for the medical oversight and leadership for global medical affairs activities driving product adoption and reimbursement across the Oncotype DX® (ODX) portfolio of products. This position includes people management responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will be a physician with 10+ years of experience in Medical Affairs at pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostic or medical device companies with a focus on oncology and a proven commitment to improving cancer care. The role will be based in Redwood City HQ.
- Provide strategy and leadership for Medical activities supporting the adoption and reimbursement of Genomic Health, Inc. products serving ODX patients on a global basis with a focus on expanding product education and experience
- Develop and lead a global medical affairs team comprised of Medical Directors and Genomic Science Liaisons to support investigator sponsored trials and educational activities supporting Genomic Health products. Direct management responsibilities, including but not limited to, goal setting, performance and compensation review, mentoring and development of a senior medical team.
- Oversee the global Medical Affairs investigator-initiated study programs
- Provide leadership in working with Medical and Marketing/Sales on setting up and supporting global Advisory Boards, Speaker Training and External Payor Reviews as needed
- Play a key leadership role in implementing our approach to bringing genomics into clinical practice in oncology
- Act as a vital medical resource internally in strategizing/problem-solving/prioritizing issues related to the medical marketplace and physician interaction and provide market place feedback to development teams, commercial teams and management
- Function as an important outreach person representing Genomic Health
- Cultivates and maintains a close working relationship with key opinion leaders regarding Genomic Health products and scientific/medical presentations and communications
- Provide direct input to the formulation of the health economic modeling and communications to payers as needed
- Attend key medical meetings both to represent Genomic Health and to gather educational information
- Work with key departments (Research and Development, Oncological Sciences, Sales, Marketing, Managed Care, Quadax etc.) in developing and implementing successful training programs as needed