• Curious about why a life science company is building a team of design-minded people.
• A writer at heart.
• Interested in how scientists absorb technical knowledge and use it in and out of the lab.
• Excited by the opportunity to contribute to a creative team, outside the confines of a typical technical writing role.
• Interested in developing innovative ways to deliver information beyond .docs and PDFs.
• Effective at collaborating cross-functionally with subject matter experts and Technical Support, Technical Service, R&D, and Marketing teams to move projects from concept to completion.
• Aware of e-training, visual learning and user-centered design concepts.
• Willing to serve as an internal expert on Fluidigm written standards and assist with proofreading, corporate review, and copyediting.
• Passion and enthusiasm coupled with the ability to write precise, technically accurate but accessible content that answers questions and delights your audience.
• A BA/BS degree and 12 years as a technical writer in the Biotech industry or related area (Master’s or Ph. D. degree in related subject area preferred).
Significant understanding of the scientific method and a strong grasp of basic principles in cell and molecular biology. Some laboratory experience preferred but not required.
Practical experience in project management.
• Expert-level knowledge of MS Office and Adobe® Technical Communication Suites, including Adobe FrameMaker, and comfortable with Adobe Creative Suite applications.
• Familiarity with style guide and lexicon development, and can find your way around a style guide.
• A portfolio of technical writing samples, with a dash of creativity thrown in.
• A strong command of the English language and grammar.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) and proven ability to deal with all levels of management.
• The ability to work as part of a team in an extremely fast-paced and multi-tasking environment, often under very tight timelines.
You May Have:
• Worked on innovative, user-friendly multimedia content, such as E-books.
• Experience in enforcing and building brand equity through written communications.
Some experience with content management systems, topic-based authoring, and DITA.