At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
The Senior Support Scientist should be an individual who has a passion for customer service; is able to communicate effectively with other teams across the organization; and has a drive to develop new relationships and collaborations with key customers for the company’s main product lines. The successful applicant will report to the Sample Prep Support Manager, located in Wilmington, MA.
* Must reside within 50 miles of Wilmington, MA *
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide expert knowledge of products and applications to customers, with the goal of providing consultative scientific support, e.g. assisting with product selection, experimental design, workflow optimization, etc.
• Manage Key Accounts (high value opportunities) ensuring timely and accurate support where necessary.
• Coordinate with Sales to provide accounts with the scientific and product support necessary to accelerate the sales process, increase success rates of product evaluation and provide continued post-sale technical support e.g. troubleshooting.
• Travel (25%) to work in the field with Sales Specialists to attend meetings with key customers; present seminars and technical presentations; provide on-site product training of NGS library preparation methods; and participate in regional conferences and table top shows.
• Develop customer-facing seminars in collaboration with the field based team and participate in the ongoing training of the Support & Applications team.
• Lead and execute upon collaborations and support projects to generate Application Notes, Sales tools, conference posters and presentations, and technical publications.
• Manage and investigate product complaints in a timely manner including communication to customer, discussion for initiation of 3rd line support project (when applicable) and proper documentation and report generation.