Using best in class technology the goal of the Industry Cancer Genomics Alliance is to build and analyze the value of a repository of genomic and clinical data from cancer patients. The Alliance will work with academic institutions and hospitals to collect patient samples and medical records and analyze data to support physicians in making clinical decisions.
Working closely with Industry Partner and Genome Center leadership, The Senior Strategic Alliance Manager will provide oversight and senior level reporting for the alliance as well as serving as principal point of contact for issue resolution. The Senior Strategic Alliance Manager will work with Industry Partners to ensure their ability to utilize the data repository. The role will build on the strong executive, business and technical relationships with Industry Partners and ensure timely completion of defined collaborative technical projects. This will include day-to-day management of clinical study collaborations, involvement in execution of and compliance with agreements, collaborating with NYGC senior managers to determine how to carry out scientific tasks or projects to meet project deadlines, forming connections and maintaining communication with external scientific collaborators, and maintaining contact with Cancer Alliance Industry Partners. This role will focus on the joint relationship, managing the interests from NYGC and its Industry Partners and will connect with stakeholders from many functional areas of several organizations at many organizational levels. The role will be part project/contract manager insuring deadlines are met to drive the Alliance’s Statement of Work and part diplomat gaining alignment and collaboration to insure all interests are met.
Job Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Manage NYGC interactions with industry partners, academic institutions and hospitals submitting samples, and external scientists and clinicians involved in analyzing project data and treating patients whose data are studied;
- Communicate and demonstrate Cancer Alliance objectives and advantages to potential additional industry partners;
- Drive, track and report on Cancer Alliance progress to internal and external alliance partners;
- Participate in creating strategies for successful Cancer Alliance implementation, including collaborating with parties throughout NYGC to accomplish Cancer Alliance goals;
- Potential to participate in speaking engagements and written article preparation related to the value of the alliance for industry partners and clinical and scientific participants.