Job Summary and Essential Functions:
The Regeneron Genetics Center is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company organized to collaborate with health systems and research groups to elucidate, on a large scale, genetic factors that cause or influence a range of human diseases. Building upon Regeneron's strengths in mouse genetics and genetics-driven drug discovery and development, the Center will specialize in ultra-high-throughput exome sequencing and computational biology; discovery of genotype-phenotype associations through linkage to well-annotated de-identified patient electronic medical records; and validation of discoveries using Regeneron’s VelociGene® technology. Our interests encompass a breadth of different areas such as Mendelian and family frameworks, large-scale population genetics (both common and rare variants), and gene-gene interactions. Program goals include target discovery, indication discovery, and patient-disease stratification. Objectives include advancing basic science around the world through public sharing of discoveries, providing clinically-valuable insights to physicians and patients of collaborating health-care systems, and identifying novel targets for drug development.
We are looking for an Senior Staff Scientist/ Senior ManagerAssociate Director in our Translational Genetics Group. The position will take on responsibilities for the design, execution, and interpretation of genetics studies, as part of the Translational Genetics team, and in collaboration with Analytical Genetics team and the genome sequencing and informatics production teams. Primary responsibilities will be to lead for genetics discovery projects, new programs/collaborations, and to support the development of overall scientific strategy. Goals of the team will be to apply genetics to target discovery, selecting indications for drug programs, and patient/disease stratification through genetic association analyses and functional biology studies.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Manage a clinical/translational genetics team consisting of human genetics scientists, bioinformaticians, or other required staff to lead genetics studies and projects.
• Lead the design, execution, and interpretation of genetics studies for the center and collaborate with external partners and internal Regeneron scientists in such efforts.
• Work with research and clinical colleagues at Regeneron to introduce human genetics evidence and studies into current research plans and to support drug development efforts.
• Provide human genetics expertise and consult on projects within other R&D departments at Regeneron including therapeutic focus area teams, translational and predictive medicine, and clinical development.
• Survey the literature and conferences for discoveries and findings from the broader genetics community. Integrate such findings into study opportunities and considerations internally.
• Communicate and report study findings and analyses with leadership, administration, and collaborators.