When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
We are seeking a highly trained senior staff scientist to coordinate and lead development of novel single use tools for purification of biotherapeutics. The successful candidate will be an expert in the use of chromatographic tools for purification of biologically active molecules. Contributions from the bench will support value generation and strategic contributions will be driven by customer interaction and conference attendance.
What will you do?
- Leads development of novel biomolecule purification technologies by creation of new single use tools for biomolecule purification and benchmarking solutions against state of the art solutions.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on project teams and in a matrixed fast paced environment, willingness to act, recruit and influence others without direct authority; take calculated risks, learn from set-backs to refine approaches and bring projects to completion
- Guides research direction through collection, analysis and interpretation of results from definitive experiments.
- Develops and owns third party collaborations as necessary for creation of novel technologies.
- With Market Development and Technical Services teams translates customer requirements into differentiated new products and workflow solutions.
- Highly visible work with customers, field scientists, business unit and commercial teams to identify unmet needs is expected.
- Is the customer advocate on project teams to bring solutions from bench to pilot and biomanufacturing scales.
- Drives outcomes to meet customer needs.
- Works collaboratively with strong problem-solving aptitude and a desire to be an experimentalist and do “hands on” work with a sense of urgency.
- Mentors more junior members of the team and demonstrates role model leadership.
- Partners with other business units to drive innovation and technology collaborations.
- Partners with the Director of R&D to identify and justify development of innovative new technology.
- Maintains accurate documents to support IP filings and actively partners with legal colleagues to advance IP portfolios.