Illumin is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments.
Provide mechanical engineering support as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team responsible for the design of integrated systems for genetic analysis, with a focus on development of disposable devices and consumables. Strong interest in early stage design, innovation, and identification of existing technologies that can be integrated to achieve new functionality.
- Design, analyze, assemble and qualify complex high-volume disposable devices and consumables, both in prototype quantities and in support of pilot and full-scale manufacturing
- Drive requirements definition and negotiation for disposable/consumable products, in conjunction with cross-disciplinary project teams that include Marketing, Chemistry, Human Factors, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance
- Provide technical leadership to project teams
- Drive selection and qualification of critical partners for product development and manufacturing
- Perform feasibility studies for throughput, reliability, cost, ergonomics, and product quality
- Define specifications, critical parameters, test plans, SPC metrics and QC approaches for volume disposable devices and consumables
- Perform analysis in support of key manufacturing decisions, including make/buy and tooling strategies