Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented, driven and experienced individual to join the SMRT Cell Process Development team working on Research and Development for next generation devices. The candidate needs to have a passion for Pacific Biosciences technology and mission. His/her central focus will be to lead projects in device fabrication for next generation DNA sequencing and other applications. The candidate will be required to technically lead and/or participate in complex process development projects ranging from developing novel unit processes, process integration schemes to solving yield issues and qualify processes for a full product release. The candidate must have an appetite for solving complex problems requiring evaluation of intangible factors and must be very comfortable in a multi-disciplinary environment. In addition, they will also be expected to travel frequently to front-end wafer fabrication partner sites for managing projects as per Pacific Biosciences roadmap.
• Develop front-end unit processes like Lithography, CMP, CVD, PVD, Etch, wet-cleans etc., used in wafer fabrication
• Develop process flows that integrate the various unit processes above to achieve yield and COGS targets for the device at the various front-end suppliers. This will include interfacing with external suppliers across cultural and geographical boundaries via conference calls and trips to partner sites to assist in the development process
• Determine root cause of failed device component causing system performance issues using a combination of optical testing, inspection and utilizing failure analysis techniques like SEM, TEM, XPS, EELS, SIMS, etc.
• Determine appropriate Failure Analysis (FA) method and technique for the new device designs and processes
• Coordinate and communicate device performance and FA results to different stakeholders including process, design, system, instrument and protocols teams.
• Define, identify and document appropriate set of process control parameters for manufacturability and yield.
• Collaborate with various R&D teams to verify and validate functional performance for different device components with changes in materials, process, design, suppliers, etc.