Thermo Fisher Scientific is an industry leader in genetic sequencing platforms and analysis systems. We are seeking a strong candidate to work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and molecular biologists. The job responsibilities will include both managing and participating in projects that result in new product introductions and improved system performance on existing platforms. It will be critical that this individual have strong verbal and written communication skills to be successful.
This individual will be part of a larger engineering team tasked with hardware design, development, and support of our sequencing technologies. The job responsibilities will include managing and participating in projects that result in new product introductions and improved system performance on existing platforms. It will be critical that this individual have strong verbal and written communication skills to be successful.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering or related field with minimum 5 years of system design experience that includes high-speed digital, microprocessor sub-system, analog and mixed-signal circuit, and FPGA design.
- Use of schematic capture, board layout, and FPGA tools/techniques including Orcad, Allegro, synthesis and simulation tools, and VHDL/Verilog languages.
- Understanding of diagnostics and system embedded firmware; capable of working with software groups, firmware developers and electrical engineers on leading-edge hardware platform development.
- Circuit design and PCB layout and routing techniques for high speed circuitry to ensure signal integrity, EMC compatibility and compliance with applicable standards.
- Experience developing instrumentation systems (controls, sensors, automation, robotics, firmware, device communication, etc.) for Biotech or related automation type systems.
- Must have experience developing under ISO quality management systems and translating system requirements to optimized, robust design
- Excellent organizational, communication and team skills, as well as thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Proficient in scripting, debugging, optimization tools, and unit testing.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Energetic, goal driven and focused
- Extremely hard-working, motivated, resourceful and flexible
- Creative, innovative, and able to perform early prototyping independently
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through
- An individual with experience in biotechnology or medical device development