Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing - we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- Manage scientific data to facilitate generic workflow capabilities for data integration and system integration
- Work with various research groups to gather system requirements
- Build and maintain new and existing scientific systems protocols and scripts on demand. Work with vendors to implement or enhance vendor- built protocols
- Provide on demand data processing and transfer using PL/SQL procedures, shell scripts, wrapped up in cron jobs on Linux hosts
- Create and implement new data processing templates
- Support the Scientific Information Systems team through directed projects and activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- Experience working in a biomedical research environment, either in a pharmaceutical, academic or biotech organization, with excellent understanding of the drug discovery process. Experience with Biochemistry or HTS (High-Throughput Screening) in an industrial environment.
- Ideal candidate will have lab experience as well as computer/programming skills.
- Demonstrated experience with the following:
- Protocol development and maintenance for scientific systems like Activity Base , ELN, BioAssay and similar information repositories.
- Data Processing and Transfer
- PL/SQL, Linux Shell Scripting
- Excel Visual Basic for application
- Familiarity with KNIME or Pipeline Pilot
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated experience of interacting with end user/client to gather requirements and business needs, and ability to perform designated tasks in a timely manner
- Proactive approach to customers’ needs and ability to design and demonstrate solution plans to improve current workflows
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced research environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Perl or Python is a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter
Celgene is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Celgene complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Celgene in the U.S.
Req ID: 15000794
Primary Location: United States-California-San Diego
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Celgene Corporation
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Job Posting: 2015-04-02 00:00:00.0
Biochemistry, Biology, Biotech, Chemistry, Computer Science, Database, Developer, Engineering, Healthcare, Information Systems, Linux, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Research, SQL, Science, Scientific, Technology