Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
As part of the Life Cycle Management group, you will work with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Procurement, Contract Manufacturers and others to ensure that a product is designed for both testability and manufacturability. You will participate in system/subsystem characterization, develop hardware, firmware and software test solutions for new product manufacturing which will help making the transition from development to manufacturing seamless. You will own or co-own engineering responsibility for worldwide instrument manufacturing test system, drive continuous improvement of product and process quality, manufacturing efficiency and time to stability.
All About You
- Lead HW/FW/SW interface design for test systems. Review FW/HW designs and implementations to ensure smooth rollout and that debug capabilities are in place.
- Create and execute SW/FW test protocol and test scripts that can be reused and leveraged forward.
- Implement SW for test systems (Subsystem level and system level) via the SW development life cycle. Work with SW/LCM/R&D departments to ensure FW and SW test coverage are adequate with minimum test escape.
- Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting of SW/FW/HW test system and recommend product design improvements as needed.
- Work with SW/R&D department to develop SW/FW test system to ensure product quality and improve manufacturing efficiencies, including assembly and quality testing at vendor sites worldwide.
- Help define what manufacturing test process is needed based on market requirements and product definition.
- Develop manufacturing test requirement specification. Identify current and future test coverage required for manufacturing test system.
- Launch SW test system into Illumina production or vendor facilities as needed.
- Train sustaining staff to install, maintain and upgrade test system.
- Provide guidance to outsourced test solutions to ensure alignment of test system with product design intent, alignment of test development methodology with in-house product architecture and robust performance of outsourced test system.
- Some travel is required (up to 20%)
- Embedded system fundamentals include comprehension of C/C++ source code; understanding of real time operating systems; ability to read complex electrical schematics and wiring diagrams; ability to use test and measurement equipment.
- Ability to comprehend, develop and maintain test scripts in various environments such as Windows cmd, .NET, TCL, Matlab, VisualBasic, Python, etc.
- Familiarity with software version control systems such as subversion, git, or Microsoft TFS
- Familiarity with defect/task management systems such as bugzilla, JIRA, or Microsoft TFS
- Ability to produce clear test cases and defect reports including accurate descriptions of test procedures, expected results, actual results and conclusions.
- Possess strong engineering fundamentals with relevant experience in system/subsystem design and characterization, manufacturing SW test development.
- Good interdepartmental communication skill, self-motivated and proactive.
- Strong problem solving, reasoning skill, attention to detail is required.
- Comfortable working in large start-up environment with lots of ambiguity.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team player
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering with strong CS skills and core in Manufacturing Test Processes. MS preferred.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-246-8959. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf