The successful candidate can choose to be based in our Menlo Park headquarters or our San Francisco office (with travel to Menlo Park)
Do you want to use your software engineering talents to provide the infrastructure to solve problems of real scientific and medical importance? Are you bored with the idea of simply contributing to yet another social networking site or fixing bugs in some large company’s search engine? Do you have a desire to be part of a company creating cutting edge technology that is uncovering the mysteries of life itself? Do you want to work at a company that uses robots and lasers and nanotechnology to see a single DNA molecule sequence in real-time? Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented software engineer to build tools and interfaces to provide the infrastructure for the software that enables SMRT (Single Molecule, Real Time) sequencing data to address diverse sequencing applications areas. The candidate will develop robust, reliable and performant software infrastructure components, documentation and tests that enable our team to rapidly create a diversity of software solutions.
• Work in an exciting multi-disciplinary organization of software and hardware engineers, bioinformaticians, chemists, and molecular biologists developing state-of-the-art, single-molecule, genomic analysis systems.
• Create / implement foundational software layers including scientific workflow and reporting tools.
• Quickly identify solutions to complex data processing and automation problems for use in production instrument software and internal tools.
• Design, develop, integrate and test analysis pipeline components for deployment in production software; develop optimized implementations to maximize performance and throughput on available hardware.
• Write design and functional specifications as well as test plans for peer review; maintain software development practices adhering to company standards for coding and unit/functional test coverage.