Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Applications at Twist, you will be working with our R&D, operations, informatics, and e-commerce teams to build and enhance both internal and customer-facing applications.
Required Skills, Experience, Qualities:
- Driven, Goal-oriented, Organized
- Track record of getting things done, leadership
- Mastery of object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and UNIX/Linux environments
- 8+ years of industry experience using Python, Django, flask, SQLAlchemy
- Strong relational DB experience (Postgres, MS SQL)
- Experience using Redis, DynamoDB, RedShift, MongoDB, Celery, RabbitMQ
- Experience with RESTful API design, RAML / Swagger
- Experience in LIMS implementations
- Experience in Tech / Biotech / startup environment
- Experience with Agile, TDD methodology
- Experience with Docker, Ansible, AWS services
- Experience with or exposure to Angular, React/Flux, Node.js
- Interest in Synthetic Biology
- BS/MS in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vision, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k and personal time off
- San Francisco, CA
- Mission Bay / Dog Patch area
- Walking distance from Caltrain (4th and King), free shuttle available from Caltrain
- On KT line, UCSF/Mission Bay stop
- Local candidates preferred (Bay Area) but not required
US Citizens, EAD and Green card only. Background check, employment and education verification, and professional references are required.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience is a privately-held venture-backed company. The two key investors are ARCH Venture Partners and Paladin Capital Group. The founders of Twist Bioscience are proven entrepreneurs and innovators in the genomics field. Our expertise is synthetic DNA. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a 10,000-well silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, such as oligonucleotides, genes, pathways, chassis and genomes. By synthesizing DNA on silicon instead of on traditional 96-well plastic plates, our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production. The Twist Bioscience platform has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of personalized medicine, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production as well as new applications such as in vivo diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer.