We are searching for a senior software engineer to lead the implementation of novel data visualization tools and overall user interface development for a new Genomics Data Repository to serve the broad genomic medicine community and our collaborating New York medical centers in particular.
The ideal candidate will be a pragmatic team player with experience developing and supporting production-quality software, with experience in data visualization, usability, and databases. Knowledge of big data environments is useful, as is experience in scientific environments. Knowledge of genomics is not required. While the primary responsibilities of this position are user interface-related, experience in software development is important.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with bio-informatics scientists, clinical researchers and other stakeholders to gather requirements for a genomic and clinical data repository and associated interfaces and visualization tools.
- Work with a leading scientific visualization designer to specify graphical interfaces and repository requirements to develop the toolset.
- Participate as a member of the data repository group in defining overall data, domain, and user requirements for the repository product.
- Prototype, develop, test, deploy, document, and support production-quality software.
- Assist with development of other parts of the project as requirements dictate.
- Integrate with and build connections to other genomic repositories.
- Build and manage secure interfaces and access to private data.
- Be interested in and willing to learn about genomics and the infrastructure requirements for supporting genomic sciences.