The incumbent will support our rapidly expanding informatics division. The ideal candidate will be a pragmatic team player with experience developing and supporting software for scientific applications, including analysis pipelines, large-scale data repositories, LIMS, and data privacy.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with bio-informatics scientists, users, and stakeholders to define requirements and specifications for data processing pipelines, analysis tools, user interfaces, and data repositories.
- Prototype, develop, deploy, document, and support production-quality software.
- Port computational methods and pipelines to cloud environments, and develop protocols for cloud-bursting.
- Support customization and integration of local software, including our Lab Information Management System (LIMS) and integration with other Enterprise software.
- Develop expertise in the scientific and computational resources of the center.