Pattern is looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing data storage and management for our medical diagnostic instrument. You’ll work closely with a multi-disciplinary team including microbiologists, biomedical, hardware and software engineers. We are seeking a talented individual who will embrace our mission and flourish in a dynamic, rigorous, and entrepreneurial environment.How You Will Contribute
- Design, implement, and maintain database schemas, roles, queries, and stored procedures using a modern relational database.
- Profile and optimize database queries.
- Design and implement backup and data retention systems.
- Collaborate with other software engineers to design and implement Linux services that access and modify the database.
- Collaborate with R&D to design and prototype development graphical user interfaces on Linux.
- Write software requirements and software design documentation.
- Effectively communicate technical material to developers, customers, and management.
Success Looks Like:
- In 90 days:
- Become familiar with our database stack
- Profile and improve existing queries
- Implement backup / recovery
- Understand requirements and design new schemas
- Work with R&D team to streamline data entry and unify data sources
- In 6 months:
- Own database
- Implement roles
- Design and implement application services that interact with the database
- Generate PDF style reports of AST tests