Do you want to use your C++ software engineering talent to solve problems of real scientific and medical importance? Do you have a desire to be part of a company creating cutting edge technology that is uncovering the mysteries of life itself? In other words, do you want to work somewhere other than a search or social networking company on something pretty cool?
Pacific Biosciences is seeking a talented C++ software engineer to build automated test systems, code to test sophisticated numerical algorithms, infrastructure code, including well designed APIs and manage heterogeneous computing hardware systems in support of our development teams. PacBio is not an ordinary company; we are developing complex instruments that produce SMRT (Single Molecule, Real Time) sequencing data which addresses a myriad of diverse scientific application areas in the Life Sciences arena. The candidate will develop robust, reliable and performant software infrastructure components, documentation and tests that enable our team to rapidly create a diversity of software solutions.
• Work in an exciting multi-disciplinary organization of software and hardware engineers, bioinformaticians, chemists, and molecular biologists developing state-of-the-art, single-molecule, genomic analysis systems.
• Design and write automated functional and unit tests and support developers to troubleshoot system issues or assist in system-level integration.
• Create a variety of infrastructure components that will be the foundational software layers used to build advanced analysis software.
• Quickly identify solutions to complex data processing and automation problems for use in production instrument software and internal tools; provide methods or prototypes for concept evaluation.
• Develop, integrate and test analysis pipeline components for deployment in production software; develop optimized implementations to maximize performance and throughput on available hardware.
• Manage and troubleshoot build systems as well as general administration activities on the R&D computer hardware in support of the development team.
• Write design and functional specifications as well as test plans for peer review; maintain software development practices adhering to company standards for coding and unit/functional test coverage.