The QIAGEN Bioinformatics team is a group of creative, energetic people helping life science researchers understand the biological mechanisms that cause human disease. Our industry-leading technology platform was built by our team of interdisciplinary, entrepreneurial researchers, scientists and semantic technologies. We have used this technology to develop the industry-leading analytic new solutions for the life sciences and healthcare markets. We are passionate about our users, our products, our technology, and our vision, and are looking for intelligent, talented, and entrepreneurial developers who are eager to join our world-class team. QIAGEN is a professional work environment, valuing work-life balance.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will,
1. Design and develop high performance components/sub-systems for a highly scalable service oriented software platform.
2. Use best practices and architectural rigor during the software design process, providing input on alternative strategies and solutions.
3. Write well-documented, extensible software code that is easy to maintain, and that adheres to generally accepted programming standards and OOP practices.
4. Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features including UI aspects and server APIs.
5. Own the overall quality of your code including unit testing, functional testing and performance.
6. Produce and maintain technical designs and documentation relevant to assigned software development tasks.
In turn you can expect a high-profile position on a great team with many challenges and rewards!