Our Software Engineers develop cutting edge tools to drive the services at NYGC. This team works closely with bioinformatics, sequencing lab, scientists, program management, and more to develop scientific applications for high-volume data processing, analysis and management.
We are searching for a senior software engineer to lead the implementation of novel data visualization tools and overall user interface development for a new Genomics Data Repository to serve the broad genomic medicine community, and particularly our collaborating New York medical centers.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collaborate with bio-informatics scientists, clinical researchers and other stakeholders to gather requirements for a genomic and clinical data repository and associated interfaces and visualization tools
- Work with a leading scientific visualization designer to implement graphical interfaces and repository requirements to develop the toolset
- Participate as a member of the data repository group in defining overall data, domain, and user requirements for the repository product.
- Prototype, develop, test, deploy, document, and support production-quality software.
- Assist with development of other parts of the project as requirements dictate.
- Integrate with and build connections to other genomic repositories.
- Build and manage secure interfaces and access to private data.
- Be interested in and willing to learn about genomics and the infrastructure requirements for supporting genomic sciences.