Basic Function and Scope of Position:
As Illumina's Sr. Software Engineer, you will develop software that implements pipeline management tools, statistical algorithms, methods, and programs for analysis of genomic sequencing data and diagnostic products. The focus of the position is to support development of both external tools for analysis of genomic data and develop internal tools for storing and accessing RD experimental data. The Software Engineer will work closely with R&D scientists, software, database, and outside teams to deliver cutting edge solutions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Propose, design, and develop pipeline management tools for streamlining data processing of massive data sets
• Propose, design, and develop infrastructure for maintenance of scientific research and development experimental data
• Collaborate with scientists on the efficient implementation of new methods
• Follow and adhere to Illumina Software and Quality System Standards to develop software solutions and create thorough documentation for complete software development lifecycle, including requirements, software design, build notes, installation protocols, and release notes.
• Troubleshoot and provide continued support of the software products, and implement enhancements to existing products in a timely manner to ensure high quality end user experience.