Talis is an exciting biomedical company that has developed an innovative, proprietary, point-of-care molecular diagnostics platform - we have also recently developed a rapid COVID-19 assay test that runs on this platform. We enable rapid testing across a wide range of healthcare settings. We are growing quickly to address the pandemic. Come and join us to make a significant impact during this public health crisis. Contribute and be a significant team member as we develop other assays and launch other pipeline products in the infectious disease area.
Our visionary team combines depth of experience with passion to deliver. Our pioneering tests are designed to enable caregivers to quickly detect infectious organisms and enable individualized care. From the doctor’s office to the hospital bedside, to remote care settings, we are re-defining the treatment of infectious diseases.
Talis is committed to excellence in advancing improved health outcomes. This commitment, along with a dynamic team culture, drives our mission to develop and commercialize novel approaches.
As a valued member of our engineering team, you will join a group of highly engaged, focused, and collaborative engineers to support software testing and documentation. You will evaluate our internal analytical software tools, which make use of web services, databases, and machine learning functionality, write test cases to product requirements, and execute these test cases to ensure our product is safe and effective.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary responsibility for testing analytical data pipeline; an in-house cloud-based platform for collecting and processing diagnostic instrument, manufacturing, and clinical data.
- Full-stack testing using a Docker environment.
- Supporting medical device product testing (embedded software) and test documentation.
- Designing test cases to requirements and obtaining peer review.
- Presenting test results to the engineering team.
- Writing and communicating detailed bugs to document test failures.
- BS or higher in computer engineering, computer science, or related STEM field, and 5+ years relevant experience.
- Experience testing enterprise software.
- Proficiency working in Unix/Linux operating systems (BASH scripting, command line tools, and system services).
- Experience with RESTful APIs and/or interacting with webservices.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn and change gears to help where needed.
- Quick learner with the ability to solve open-ended engineering problems.
- Takes a data-driven approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and organizational skills; enjoys openly communicating with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with containerized Docker workflows.
- Experience in safety critical industries, such as Medical device (preferred), defense, or automotive
- IVD experience
- Experience testing both Full-stack software and embedded devices.
- Previous experience with white box, black box, and gray box testing.
- Experience using Bug tracking and task management tools, such as JIRA.
- Familiarity with medical device software development processes, such as IEC62304
- Experience working under ISO13485 design controls.
- Prior experience on a risk analysis team.
Talis offers excellent health and welfare benefits, stock options, a 401(k) program with immediate Company match, a rotating suite of snacks, Monday breakfasts, Happy Hours, other fun company events and more! Best of all, join us by working at a growing company like Talis with dedicated and collaborative employees committed to making a difference in Health Care.
Talis is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All aspects of employment decisions will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the bases of any status protected under federal, state, or local law. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues.