The Senior Sequencing Marketing Scientist, reporting to the Vice President, Financial Strategy and Operations, will be responsible for undertaking market analysis to include details on the market characteristics (market size and growth - dollars, market share development, number of competitors, market trends, market attractiveness); competitor characteristics (product characteristics, competitor marketing strategies, sales force activities, pricing analysis); prescriber characteristics (number of prescribers by specialty, desires and unmet needs).
The Senior Sequencing Marketing Scientist will also be responsible for working with NYGCs skilled scientific staff to create service descriptions highlighting NYGC’s unique value proposition to its users for different market segments.
- Work independently and liaise with internal stakeholders to prepare detail aids, leaflets, posters and other materials (print and electronic).
- Be a “self-starter” and propose/initiate new projects to further enhance NYGC’s strategic value.
- Undertake strategic market planning analysis by identifying foreseeable threats to avoid and opportunities to pursue, environmental analysis, customers to serve, competitors to challenge, product characteristics on which the business will compete, market segmentation and product positioning analysis.
- Conduct research on new and established markets, forecast changes in the market environment, seek and develop areas of business opportunities.
- Work collaboratively production/finance/clinical employees to plan post-marketing surveillance studies to capture clinical data on safety parameters in local populations.