Senior Scientist – Tissue Diagnostics/Drug Development
Can you combine experience of tissue-based biomarker assays with knowledge of the drug discovery and development process? This is an exciting time to join AstraZeneca’s Personalised Healthcare and Biomarkers (PHB) function in Cambridge as a Senior Scientist, challenge current scientific thinking and make a real difference to patients worldwide.
We’re investing in a new, state-of-the-art Global R&D Centre and Corporate Headquarters in Cambridge. This will reinforce our position as a world-leading pharmaceutical company and enable us to shape a brand new vision for our industry. You’ll enjoy the facilities to innovate and pursue scientific excellence in your field, and grow your career in a culture of collaboration.
Main duties and responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for delivering tissue-based diagnostic tests that align with the drug development process and enhance personalised healthcare approaches in our drug portfolio. The role will involve working with internal and external partners in a global environment to plan, design and lead scientific experiments to deliver analytically validated companion diagnostics.
We would also like to hear from those with strong technical experience and strategic understanding of tissue diagnostics to work at Associate Principal Scientist level.
- A PhD or equivalent in pharmacology, biochemistry, molecular pathology or a related discipline with relevant experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Experience of the drug discovery and development process in the pharmaceutical industry
- Project management experience in the development and validation of novel screening technologies, and the design and execution of experiments
- An understanding of drug diagnostic co-development and commercialisation segmentation tool discovery and diagnostic analytical validation
- Experience with tissue based biomarker assays, including troubleshooting and QC
- A proven record of influencing and collaborating with external partners
- A record of excellence in PHB, demonstrated by publications, patents and the delivery of biomarkers and patient segmentation tools
- Experience of the latest advances in tissue-based diagnostics, such as digital pathology, image analysis and assay multiplexing
- Willingness to travel both nationally and internationally.
Applications close: 3rd July 2015