Pacific Biosciences seeks a scientist to join a team working on novel surfaces and assays for cutting-edge, single-molecule DNA-sequencing applications. This position provides an exciting opportunity to work with outstanding scientists and engineers in a highly multidisciplinary environment. The successful candidate will have strong hands-on skills in the modification of a variety of solid substrates for biological immobilization, surface-based assay development for biological applications, a thorough understanding of the interactions between biological molecules and surfaces, as well as quantitative analysis of surface physical and functional properties.
Responsibilities will include:
- Development of novel DNA immobilization methods;
- Characterization of functionalized surface and defects;
- Surface-based bioassay development;
- Design and execution of experiments using complex prototype instruments;
- Data analysis with software tools based on MATLAB, R, and jmp;
- Working with a cross-functional team on transferring surface processes and assays to manufacturing;
- Generation of design control quality documentation.