Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck Manufacturing Division, MMD, is a team of dedicated, energetic individuals who are committed to being the most trusted supplier of pharmaceuticals and health products worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, comprise an interdependent global manufacturing network that's committed to delivering a compliant, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time, across the globe.
Sterile & Liquid Commercialization (SLC) group, based out of West Point PA, is responsible for product development, process scale-up, registration support, and launch support for new Merck sterile products. This group is responsible for the formulation/filling processes for sterile small molecule pharmaceuticals, vaccines, and therapeutic proteins starting at Phase II and extending through the first few years of launch optimization.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform product and process development studies for sterile/liquid products.
• Participate on and lead project teams and working groups.
Develop robust and scalable manufacturing processes while minimizing time to product launch.
• Implement process improvements to reduce product cost structure.
Prepare materials for clinical trials and stability studies by collaborating with internal and external network of pilot plants and manufacturing facilities.
• Participate in transfer of processes to commercial supply sites
Support execution of validation lots and contribute to regulatory filing documentation.
• Evaluate new technologies related to pharmaceutical processing.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or related-field with a minimum of 6 years of experience; or Master's degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience; or Ph.D. with less than 1 year of experience.
• Prior experience with the development and commercialization of sterile products
• Prior experience with the development and commercialization of vaccines or biologics
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at [email protected] .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.