In the Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflow, the Senior Scientist, Sample Preparation, is responsible for the development of an automated sample-preparation process upstream of the sequencer. The candidate’s responsibilities include assessment of existing sample-preparation process, setting up an automation platform, and adapting existing protocols to the automation platform according to project requirements.
The Senior Scientist will directly report to the Director of System Integration. The candidate will also be frequently reporting out intermediate work results to the matrix and line organization.
• Build a strong core competency around sample preparation within the system integration group.
• Define objectives and plan experiments required to meet project milestones.
• Supervise work of research associates on a scientific-level across NGS workflow.
• Establish quality control methods using either qPCR or BioAnalyzer
• Analyze KPI’s (key performance indicators) and TPM’s (technical performance measures) to drive continuous process improvement.
• Design and verify robust sample tracking methods (chain of custody).
• Collaborate with other R&D groups to meet project objectives, more specifically with NGS System Integration group in Hilden (Germany).
• Deploy GDP (good development practices) methods and SOPs in accordance w/ QIAGEN standards, methodologies and guidelines.
• Maintain project documentations in accordance with internal and external requirements.
• Contribute to development of intellectual property.