Pacific Biosciences is seeking a Senior Scientist, Reagent Process Development, to develop commercial reagent products for our SMRTTM Sequencing system. In this position the person will work closely with the research scientists in demonstrating feasibility, generating product specifications, characterizing the product, developing manufacturing and QC processes and transferring these stable processes to Manufacturing.
Technical skills require that this person is capable of developing manufacturing processes and analytical methods associated with reagents used for DNA/RNA sample preparation to polymerase based sequencing. Operation skills require the ability to structure manufacturing processes, such as BOMs, routing, shelf life, and lead times. This person will have experience in utilizing various project management tools, design tools and statistical analysis tools to ensure the delivery of robust, reliable and accurate processes to routine manufacturing.
This person will interface with a broad range of organizational groups and outside vendors, and needs to have good communication skills.
• Delivering well characterized, robust and reliable processes to manufacturing.
• Lead role in development projects, from conception to completion (transfer to manufacturing).
• Source and qualify external vendors.
• Establish relationship between product performance, physical specifications and manufacturing capabilities.
• Extensive lab work designing and executing experiments, and analyzing resultant data.
• Identifying opportunities for process improvements.
• Document newly developed processes and train manufacturing personnel.