Pacific Biosciences is looking for a Scientist/Senior Scientist, Organic Synthesis to manufacture our fluorescent compounds. In this position the person will work on process optimization, scale-up and manufacturing of the targeted compounds. The candidate will need to be capable of performing activities required while developing and optimizing the synthesis and purification processes associated with our dye labeled compounds for yield, performance and quality. This position requires in-depth relevant experience in organic synthesis with the capability to support and maintain robust, reliable and accurate processes in manufacturing.
This person will interface with a broad range of functional groups, and needs to have good communication skills. As a developer, this person will be responsible for correlation of processes and physical specifications to system performance metrics.
• Route selection for the most efficient way to synthesize the required compounds.
• Extensive lab work designing and executing experiments, and analyzing resultant data.
• Process optimization and scale-up.
• Establishing the right set of the documentation, related to products production.
• Collecting and analyzing the analytical data.