We are a rapidly growing company that manufactures biologics (such as Plasmid DNA) to help accelerate scientific research and breakthroughs. We are seeking a Senior Scientist - Nucleic Acid Synthesis which will develop the gene synthesis capability for the company and lead the delivery of the service to our clients. The role will work with external experts to design the gene synthesis workflow, procure relevant equipment, design the laboratory space for gene synthesis, and establish the service as part of the portfolio of products and services offered by the company. Qualified candidates will have 5+ years working in the biotechnology industry or equivalent advanced degree. Candidates will also have an education in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemical engineering or related field.
About the Role
- Provide primary oversight of technical development activities for nucleic acid synthesis
- Develop and execute strategic plans and develop of new nucleic and synthesis product/processes, continuous improvement, testing, new equipment, new technologies and GMP manufacturing process development
- Conducts activities related to the development of nucleic acid synthesis, evaluating process cost, quality, and capability alternatives, and performing process under limited supervision
- Functions as a technical role model and resource/consultant to others
- Support the ongoing development of nucleic acid synthesis, including continuous improvement, testing, new equipment, new technologies and manufacturing process development.
- Develop project plans, timelines and logistics to support nucleic acid synthesis service launch and launch of any improvements or add-on services
- Develop process/equipment SOPs and associated documents, train staff