Senior Scientist, NGS Consumables will be responsible for development of the sequencing segment of the NGS workflow, including chemistry and disposables and work closely with hardware and software as well as assay integration to develop the overall GeneReader NGS workflow. In this role, the Senior Scientist will as part of an international team be responsible for protocol/experimental design, data analysis as well as overseeing routine operation and maintenance of GeneReader sequencers. This person will be interacting closely with the chemistry, molecular biology and software/engineering teams.
In this role Senior Scientist, NGS Consumables will:
• Leverage state of the art tools (internal and external) to analyze NGS data including primary, secondary and tertiary analysis
• Design development tasks aimed at optimization of sequencing performance, including chemistry formulations, protocols etc.
• Analyze resulting data and assess performance improvements
• Supervise the activities of a team of Research Associate / Scientists in a line or matrix management role
• Will be responsible for specific work packages within the cross-functional Sequencing team, according to specification, on time and within budget
• Serve as liaison between NGS development and related disciplines (e.g. Operations Department)
• Participate in collaborations with key external laboratories/institutions
• Mentor and develop technical staff under their direction (line or matrix role)