NanoString is seeking an experienced and technology-savvy molecular biologist or biochemist, to join our Research & Development group. This position will have a leading role in developing sequencing based assays using Hyb & SeqTM, a novel single-molecule hybridization-based next generation sequencing (NGS) technology. S/he will lead NGS assay development by interacting and coordinating with a highly interdisciplinary group of technologists to create industry-leading assay products. The successful candidate must be prepared to be a hands-on experimentalist while guiding a team in wet-lab driven research to create innovative solutions to development hurdles. Candidates must have strong analytical skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and a track record of building NGS panel products.
- Apply advanced and expert scientific and product knowledge to NGS assay development projects
- Contribute to assay product conceptualization working closely with business analyst and strategic marketing specialists
- Establish sample preparation, quality and input requirements and assay workflows
- Conceive, design and carry-out experiments for fast development of prototype panels for feasibility testing
- Collaborate with analysts and programmers to develop a bioinformatics analysis pipeline
- Design and implement assay studies to test and refine both newly developed and/or existing genomics analysis tools and pipelines
- Work interactively with biophysicists, nucleic-acid chemists, fluorescence imaging specialists, and hardware and software engineers for full system development
- NanoString is an EOE
- NanoString participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows an employer to determine an employee's eligibility to work in the US using information reported on an employee's Form I-9. The E-Verify system confirms eligibility with both the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For more information, please go to the USCIS E-Verify website.