Summary of Position:
Q-State Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to design and carry out research projects that apply all-optical electrophysiology to human iPS cell-based models of neurological disorders such as epilepsy, ALS and schizophrenia. These projects require familiarity with electrophysiology, neural science, and molecular biology, as well as expertise in human iPS cell culture and neuronal differentiations. Ability to quickly learn the key biology and pharmacology across a range of neuronal disease areas is essential.
Lead collaborations with Q-state Pharma partners in iPS cell-based disease modeling projects. This work entails:
- Working with scientists at partner companies to craft well-designed scientific plans that address questions of critical importance to the partner.
- Implementing research plans in collaboration with partner scientists and Q-State’s scientific staff.
- Interpreting and analyzing results.
- Write reports describing findings.
- Presenting findings to partner scientists and proposing follow-up collaborations.
- Execute, with the assistance of research associates, established protocols for the production of various human iPS cell-derived neuronal types.
- Improve the efficiency and reproducibility of existing neuronal differentiation protocols by implementing QC steps throughout the cell production process.
- Train and supervise research associates as needed.
- Work with Q-State’s senior scientific team to prepare research grants and manuscripts as needed.