Illumina is improving human health by unlocking the power of the genome. Our focus on innovation has established us as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, serving customers in the research, clinical and applied markets. Our products are used for applications in the life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging segments.
This Senior Scientist will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment to develop robust, scalable manufacturing processes for consumables used in cutting-edge genomics research and for clinical applications. This Scientist will have experience with consumables in a product development setting, as well as deep technical knowledge in surface chemistry and fabrication. You will participate in the development and optimization of high-throughput IVD or molecular biology assays which will serve to accelerate next generation sequencing.
- Cross functional collaboration with Engineering, Molecular Biology, Quality and Production to develop new processes for consumables products used in Illumina’s NGS platforms (flow cells, microarrays & digital fluidics cartridges)
- Help to establish best practices for consumables product development in compliance with quality system regulations
- Define technical requirements for consumable products in consideration of manufacturing robustness, scalability and cost
- Construct and execute controlled experiments (including DOEs) to optimize processes to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance
- Use systematic problem-solving methods to troubleshoot complex issues related to product quality, stability and robustness
- Provide technical leadership in the transfer of new processes and products to production
- Be both a strong individual contributor as well as a collaborative team member