About the team:
Illumina’s reproductive and genomics solutions use next-generation sequencing (NGS) and advanced microarray technologies to produce fast, accurate genomic information in clinical research and diagnostics. Combining industry-leading technologies with innovative reproductive and genetic health applications, Illumina provides the highest detection capability for genetic abnormalities during all stages of reproductive health and beyond. Across the reproductive continuum, Illumina technologies deliver valuable tools for researchers and healthcare professionals.
About the role:
This role lies at the heart of Illumina RGH’s microarray production and support function in the UK (Fulbourn, Cambridgeshire). Working with Production, Quality Assurance, Product Development, Technical Support and Commercial, this person will be the go-to person for all high-level technical queries about microarray and associated technologies used on the site. This is a highly variable role with the post holder expected to be involved with:
- Leading a team responsible for the Quality Control of manufactured microarrays, and the production and QC of company consumable products
- Development and performance management of direct reports and Planning and effective utilization of available resources
- High level technical support and troubleshooting (microarray data interpretation) for both internal and external stakeholders, process development and quality
- Validation of new automation and instrumentation used in production
- Transitioning new products into manufacturing
- Manufacture and delivery of products, on time and in full, as specified and in accordance with requirements of the production plan
- Maintenance of specified product performance quality standards
- Satisfactory investigation and resolution of production issues to ensure delivery of planned requirements
- Effective development, validation and implementation of process and product improvement activities
- Development and refinement of product specifications
This is a fantastic opportunity to be at the heart of Illumina’s microarray business and to help leverage this technology into new and exciting clinical and diagnostic markets. If you are passionate about array technology and it’s applications, then this is an ideal opportunity.