Conceive and implement novel experimental approaches to answer scientific questions. Investigate, identify, develop, and optimize new methods and techniques. Contribute to project science in area of expertise. Develop productive collaborations and communications with other groups across science disciplines.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Routinely demonstrate scientific initiative and creativity in research or development activities.
• Highly autonomous and productive in performing laboratory research or method development, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
• Formulate conclusions and design follow-on experiments based on multidisciplinary data.
• May initiate new areas of investigation that are scientifically meaningful, reliable, and can be incorporated directly into a research or development program.
• A primary author of publications, presentations, regulatory documents and/or primary inventor of patents.
• Demonstrates high proficiency across a wide range of relevant technologies.
• Maintain a high level of productivity in the lab and/or pilot plant.
• Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
• Direct mentorship of others.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and typically 10+ years of experience, Master's Degree or equivalent education and typically 8+ years of experience, PhD and no experience necessary.
• Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of own scientific discipline.