Responsible for ensuring that new products are designed for manufacturability as well as for performance, for improving current products and processes, as well as for supporting internal sustaining activities. The person who fills this position will be a subject matter expert for molecular diagnostics, specifically nucleic acid amplification based methodologies, as well as classic serology based diagnostics who will represent all of Operations during crossfunctional activities.
Serves as an in-house consultant for other Operations departments and advises management on scientific decisions.
Ensures that new products are designed for manufacturability by representing Operations in crossfunctional new product development teams
• Serves as a technical representative, core team or extended team member during the product development process for Operations
• Leads the initiation of process improvement projects
• Supports manufacturing by conducting investigations, problem solving or by troubleshooting
• Independently interprets data derived from the laboratory research.
• Interacts with R&D and manufacturing to facilitate technology transfer