10X is looking for an outstanding individual to join its consumable and reagents development team. This person will be responsible for taking products and processes from concept feasibility through to production for commercialization. The position requires utilization of your deep understanding of sample preparation for NGS and other nucleic acid based chemistries for product and process development. Other functions include specifying the commercialization infrastructure required to deliver products to the required physical and performance specifications. The idea candidate will have a PhD or equivalent depth of knowledge and experience in Molecular biology or Biochemistry, with peripheral knowledge in Analytical and/or Chemical Engineering.
- Develop and optimize sample preparation chemistries for Next Generation Sequencing platforms. Includes development of novels chemistries in ligation, attachment, amplification, single strand recovery, and clean up.
- Experimentation to develop a deep understanding of the underlying reaction mechanisms, cause and effect, failure modes, guard band studies and optimization using DOE methodologies.
- Characterization of these products using both functional testing and analytical test methods.
- Accurate analysis of performance and test data, and establish a correlation against product requirements.
- Ability to transfer these chemistries into a commercial manufacturing process.
- Develop QC methods, production processes to be used in the routine manufacturing of these products.
- Verification that products manufactured to defined processes meet all requirements.