10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding scientist to join its Biochemistry group. The candidate must have an eagerness to dramatically improve Next-Generation Sequencing tools and change the landscape of single cell analysis.
The candidate must be able to learn quickly, creatively solve problems, and have excellent laboratory skills. The ideal candidate will have a PhD or equivalent depth of knowledge and experience in cell biology, especially as applied to NGS applications.
In addition, the candidate must have extensive hands-on experience in sample preparation for single cell applications including FACS, immunology, and/or genomics. This includes isolation of single cells from solid tissue samples.
- Develop methods for preparing high-quality single cell suspensions from a variety of biological sample types
- Acquire and test new reagents and instrumentation for single cell sample prep and single cell characterization
- Validate results by running the Chromium Single Cell workflow
- Write application notes/protocols for 10x Genomics customers
- Collaborate with external vendors towards co-marketing/co-development projects