Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck is on a quest for cures and is committed to being the world's premier, most research-intensive biopharmaceutical company. Today, we're doubling down on this goal. Merck Research Laboratories is a true scientific research facility of tomorrow, and will take Merck's leading discovery capabilities and world-class small molecule and biologics R&D expertise to create breakthrough science that radically changes the way we approach serious diseases.
Senior Scientist responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support both early and late stage development which will include screening and developing formulations, clinical manufacturing process, technology transfer to pilot plants and regulatory filing.
• Provide oversight and to use innovative approaches to design robust formulations, high throughput screening and manufacturing processes suitable for sterile dosage forms.
• Active management and coaching of scientists, participation on formulation development teams and interfacing with cross-functional areas to drive project milestones.
• Strong communication skills, good interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, publication track record and a strong desire to learn, contribute and collaborate.
• Protein formulation development, biophysical characterization, scale-up and regulatory filing experience.
• Provide technical/scientific leadership within department and serves as a department representative on cross-functional teams and professional affiliations.
•Prior experience in leading a group and technical teams is essential.
• Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or a related field, with biopharmaceutical industry experience, OR a M.S. in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or a related field, with three (3) years of biopharmaceutical industry experience.
• Formulation development and biophysical analysis of proteins experience.
• Design experiments experience.
• Protein formulation development experience.
• Preformulation of proteins
• Formulation of antibody-drug conjugates
• Drug delivery
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we're inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at [email protected].
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.