AstraZeneca is currently hiring a Scientist/Sr/ Scientsit to join our oncology Bioinformatics Team. This team works with our oncology drug project teams from new target discovery to early clinical trials. The global group, currently 10 full time positions plus 3 post-doctoral roles, balance activities between three areas of focus: disease characterization and target discovery; drug project support; and clinical biomarker translation.
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated bioinformatician, knowledgeable in the genetics of cancer or immunology, to join the group. The post holder should be eager to bring genomic and phenotypic data together in new ways to reveal actionable insights surrounding complex biological problems.
- Work with wet-lab and clinical scientists as part of oncology drug project teams to drive cutting edge science through application of bioinformatics/genomics.
- Generate actionable biological insight from genomic (including next-generation-sequencing) data from patients and in vitro/vivo models.
- Find new ways of analyzing, modelling and visualizing multi-omic and phenotypic data to discover and interpret meaningful patterns and relationships.
- Publish high impact papers in peer reviewed journals.
- Proactively engage in knowledge sharing and peer support across disciplines.
- Train and build tools for our bench science community to effectively access key data.
- Collaborate with academia and across industry, and exploit external resources, to find the most effective solutions to the key challenges in oncology drug discovery.