Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Our advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, we enable scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Senior Scientist located in our Pleasanton, CA office.
Do you love tinkering with nucleic acids? Is assay development an unshakeable habit? We are looking for a hyper-creative scientist who is passionate about building and commercializing the assays that drive CRISPR-based genome editing at Inscripta.
Essential aspects of this position include: prolific innovation, superior experimental design & execution, and robust protocol development. The right candidate will enthusiastically leverage their experience, curiosity, and creativity to build industry-leading molecular biology and NGS tools in a highly innovative, team-oriented, and dynamic R&D environment.
- Lead the development of novel NGS-based target enrichment assays for mammalian systems
- Develop non-NGS assays (e.g. qPCR & Sanger sequencing) for nucleic acid characterization
- Work collaboratively with cell biologists, biochemists, molecular biologists, and bioinformaticians to implement new processes, analysis workflows, and bioinformatic pipelines
- Execute complex, highly multiplexed experiments that accurately evaluate protocol improvements
- Conduct detailed data analyses and provide data-driven recommendations
- Provide clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors