Inscripta is developing the world's first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. Our advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, we enable scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Senior Scientist located in our Pleasanton, CA office.
Do you love tinkering with nucleic acids? Is protocol improvement an unshakeable habit? We are looking for a hyper-creative scientist who is passionate about building and commercializing the assays that drive CRISPR-based genome editing at Inscripta.
Essential aspects of this position include: prolific innovation, superior experimental design & execution, and robust protocol development. The right candidate will enthusiastically leverage their experience, curiosity, and creativity to build industry-leading molecular biology and genetic-engineering tools in a highly innovative, team-oriented, and dynamic R&D environment.
- Design and develop robust assays with simple, automation-compatible workflows
- Work collaboratively with biochemists, molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, and engineers to identify, build, and optimize the assays that propel genome engineering
- Execute complex, highly multiplexed experiments that accurately evaluate protocol improvements
- Conduct detailed data analyses, use bioinformatic pipelines, & provide data-driven recommendations
- Transfer new methodologies and assays from R&D to Systems-Integration and Manufacturing
- Provide clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors