This individual will be integral to the development of next-generation molecular diagnostic devices. This scientist will report to the VP, R&D and develop diagnostic tests and reagents for the detection of various human diseases. The primary responsibility will be developing novel, multiplexed PCR assays for the amplification and detection of RNA and DNA from human pathogens.
The successful candidate will:
• Be experienced in developing robust, fast, and sensitive multiplexed quantitative nucleic acid assays
• Be experienced in the use of statistical methods and programs for optimizing amplification conditions
• Be experienced with systems and methods to minimize DNA contamination
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Be experienced in managing a small team
• Multitask with a high level of attention to detail and operate efficiently and independently with minimal supervision while working with a team