Pacific Biosciences seeks a Senior Scientist with strong customer focus combined with a solid molecular biology and instrumentation background to join our applications and collaborations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating collaboration and application method development. The position involves hands-on laboratory work in library prep and sequencing on the RS, data analysis, organizing and presenting results, as well as working directly with customers and collaborators. The senior scientist will be working in a fast-paced start-up environment, interacting with R&D and other application scientists, bioinformatics scientists, field application specialists and engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds.
• Lead collaboration projects from design and execution to analysis and publication/presentation of results
• Manage and execute experiments for collaboration and application development projects; involves extensive hands-on laboratory work preparing samples and running the PacBio RS II instrument
• Work closely with bioinformatics team on data analysis
• Transfer knowledge of methodologies/new product release from R&D to the field and support organization
• Support strategic accounts with experimental design, expertise in sample preparation, and application development.
• Develop technical documentation and training materials
• Communicate and exchange developments and issues to others within the organization
• Generate sales collateral through white papers, application notes and method papers
• Provide scientific and applications feedback and guidance for development, marketing, and sales