The Analytical Sciences group in West Point has an opening for a Senior Scientist.Join us and experience our culture first-hand - one of strong ethics & integrity, diversified experiences, exceptional science and a resounding passion for improving human health. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
In your role as Senior Scientist, you will be part of a team of Analytical Scientist responsible for the support of formulation development and regulatory submissions.
Your main responsibilities, which are in no particular order and are by no means complete, include:
• Analytical support of small molecule formulation development for both solid and sterile formulations
• Planning and successful execution of analytical methods to support formulation development and troubleshooting
• Authoring IND, IMPD, and NDA/WMA submissions as well as responses to agency questions
• Strong collaboration with internal stakeholders
• Analytical leadership support to drug development and innovative technolgy teams
• Presentation of results to teams and internal governance bodies
• Representing Analytical Sciences on internal development teams evaluating new technologies
• External engagement in analytical technology and regulatory sciences related focus groups, consortia and academia
• A Bachelor's Degree in Organic, Physical or Analytical Chemistry or equivalent with a minimum of seven (7) years of years relevant industry experience, OR a Master's Degree in Organic, Physical or Analytical Chemistry with a minimum of four (4) years of relevant industry experience, OR a PhD in Organic, Physical or Analytical Chemistry or equivalent.
A proven record of strong technical problem solving skills along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills are necessary to be considered for this role.
• Experience developing analytical methods.
• Hands-on experience in advanced LCMS spectroscopy and knowledge in statistical data processing.
• Experience with formulation development.
• Experience authoring IND, IMPD, and/or NDA/WMA submissions.
(US/Puerto Rico Only) In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. If you have any questions, please contact your HRBP or Staffing Consultant.