NanoString is seeking an experienced molecular biologist or biochemist with experience in developing Sequencing Applications. This position will have a leading role in developing sequencing based applications using Hyb & Seq, a novel single-molecule hybridization-based next generation sequencing (NGS) technology. They will lead NGS application development by interacting and coordinating with an internal team of highly interdisciplinary technologists whilst also establishing external collaborations. The successful candidate must be a hands-on experimentalist working in wet-lab driven research to create innovative application solutions. Candidates must have strong analytical skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and a track record of developing znc/or utilizing advanced NGS products. Initial Projects will include developing long read sequencing applications and Immuno-oncology sequencing applications as well as several other key areas. Other responsibilities will include managing external collaborations and external presentations utilizing the unique features of Hyb and Seq technology
- Identify new applications, assist in product development working closely with business analyst and strategic marketing specialists
- Discover and prioritize potential collaboration opportunities by actively prospecting, collaborating with cross-functional partners and leveraging your network.
- Apply advanced and expert scientific and product knowledge to NGS application development
- Establish complete application workflow, sample preparation, sequencing conditions and post run analyses
- Collaborate with analysts and programmers to develop analysis solutions.
- Understand the needs and future demands of Clinical Sequencing Customers