After providing the industry’s most reliable technologies for over 31 years, QIAGEN’s name and products are synonymous with quality, integrity, innovative solutions, and overall excellence. QIAGEN now employs over 4,000 people worldwide and continues to grow. QIAGEN has extended its offerings from superior sample technologies to cutting edge solutions for the analysis and interpretation of biological data. QIAGEN recently established QIAGEN Bioinformatics in 2014, based on the acquisitions of Ingenuity, CLC bio, and BIOBASE, all worldwide leaders of bioinformatics applications and content. The primary mission of QIAGEN Bioinformatics is to integrate and streamline our analysis and interpretation solutions. QIAGEN Bioinformatics successfully completes QIAGEN's sample-to-insight workflow to the benefit of our users in the discovery, translational, and clinical arenas. Researchers and clinicians around the world trust QIAGEN Bioinformatics solutions and content as demonstrated in 15,000+ peer-reviewed articles citing QIAGEN Bioinformatics products along with support and testimonials from the industry’s key opinion leaders.
This is an exciting opportunity to join QIAGEN Advanced Genomics' growing team. Advanced Genomics commercializes QIAGEN's bioinformatics product portfolio, which includes Ingenuity, Biobase, and CLC bio products. This position places you in direct contact with our users and enables you to provide product and scientific advice to a wide range of researchers, bioinformaticians, and clinicians with specialties spanning across various scientific disciplines.
As a member of the Applied Advanced Genomics group, you will work closely with our customers to help them leverage the full value of QIAGEN's bioinformatics applications and services. You will also work strategically with R&D teams, Sales, Marketing and the extended global Field Application Scientist teams to ensure the best possible experience for our users.
To fulfill the needs of this position we are looking for a demonstrated and multifaceted scientist to work in a team of application scientists providing exceptional scientific and technical support for the Advanced Genomics product lines and solutions. This position includes providing guidance and support to enable users to successfully harness our products and solutions. This also includes modifying and/or establishing procedures internally for the support team to meet our customer needs. This position will require a sound understanding of next generation sequencing emphasizing data analysis and interpretation.
- Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills to analyze, define, and solve complex customer scientific and technical concerns
- Gather, record and escalate customer feedback to guarantee a high quality and high consistency customer interface
- Contribute to improving customer facing touch points (help portals, product manuals, video tutorials, etc.)
- Establish and revise protocols our team uses for customer engagement
Working with partners and multiple departments:
- Partner with multiple departments and global teams to resolve customer and/or process issues and follow up to ensure the same issues are not reoccurring
- Provide customer feedback to the product management teams and keep up to date with product development timelines and direction
- Ensure any issues are being prioritized and handled appropriately in a timely manner
- As a senior scientist you must be able to select methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for support team initiatives in collaboration with management